Cacao Nibs Energy Bites Recipe
Sometimes we want a quick, healthy pick me up to energize our day. Cacao Nibs Energy Bites are the perfect way to nourish your body and provide the quick energy you are looking for.
You probably wouldn’t want to throw a handful of Cacao nibs in your mouth because they can be very bitter. However, when mixed with all other ingredients, you’ll find it’s a very tasty treat. Check out the ingredient benefits below:
- Oats contain soluble fiber proven to help lower cholesterol and overall risk of heart disease1
- Almond Butter is rich in vitamin E, magnesium and iron2
- Flax seeds are super high in Omega 3 fatty acids and helps fight inflammation3
- Organic Coconut Palm Sugar is a natural, low-glycemic – low-fructose sweetener which helps prevent blood sugar crashes4
- Raw Cacao Nibs are a superfood loaded with antioxidants, fiber, provides energy and helps to lower blood pressure.5
- Cinnamon helps to decrease inflammation, is heart healthy, helps to reduce migraines and blood sugar6
- Almonds are high in Vitamin E which helps to lower bad LDL cholesterol linked to heart disease and lowers overall glycemic levels in diabetics7
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of almond butter, plus one additional heaping spoonful for good measure
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until everything sticks together. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or throw in freezer for faster results. Remove from fridge and with your hand or spoon roll a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Repeat until you have used it all. Store in the fridge and eat one or two for breakfast, as a snack, or before and after a workout.
Store in containers with wax paper so they do not stick together. Enjoy!
<< Back to Blog