Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread
Thanksgiving is almost upon us and along with the hearty meat and starches that inundate conversations, a nice dessert is also greatly appreciated. Let’s think outside of the box this year as we plan our hearty sweets & treats!
Leave your guests in awe with the below recipe for a delicious Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread. Enhance your meal with this nutrient and flavor-filled boost that will leave your guests talking, even after the Holiday.
Pumpkin has one of the highest concentrations of vitamin A, offering 2 ½ times the recommended daily value needed. Pumpkin is also a great supply of omega 3 fatty acids, which fuel the brain and protect the inner workings of the body.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (or softened coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
3. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and mix until well blended
4. Add the eggs, pumpkin, yogurt and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture; mix until blended.
6. Spoon batter into two loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
http://sublimereflection.com/greek-yogurt-pumpkin-bread/<< Back to Blog