Recipe: Blissful Berry Oatmeal
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
Sure, you’ve probably heard this statement numerous times, but it’s true! After a night of rest, breakfast is the most essential meal, determining how you’ll be energized throughout your day.
Try one of our new favorite breakfast foods, Blissful Berry Oatmeal. This recipe was inspired by our Blissful Berry Cacao Fruit smoothie flavor. All the ingredients we use are nutritious, provides sustained lasting energy, and compliments the taste of cacao.
- Steel Cut Oats – Steel cut oats are less processed than rolled oats. They are also lower on the glycemic index and help to prevent your blood sugar from spiking.1 Oatmeal is also high in fiber and protein making you feel full and satisfied longer, essential to anyone trying to maintain a healthy weight for a happy heart.2 *Check your local super markets for quick cooking steel cut oats if you are pressed for time in the morning, as it only takes 5-7 minutes to cook versus traditional steel cut oats.
- Almond Milk – Try preparing your steel cut oats with almond milk instead of water. It adds more protein to your meal, and unflavored almond milk gives the oats a delicious mild sweetness.
- Cinnamon – After you’ve prepared the steal cut oats based on the directions, mix in some cinnamon. Surprisingly this spice has been linked to mental alertness. The smell alone has been said to improve brain function.4
- Blueberries – Blueberries processes the most antioxidants of any fruit, and has amazing anti-inflammatory benefits5
- Raspberries- Raspberries are a source of biotin, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin c. Vitamins that add to a glowing complexion, along with healthy hair and nails.6
- Cacao Nibs – Bits of energizing cacao beans add a great crunch to the soft texture of the oatmeal. Cacao has 10x more than antioxidants than blueberries, and contains theobromine – a natural energizer.
- Honey – A natural sweetener, honey also is a source of vitamin c, calcium, and iron depending on the flower the honey was derived. It also has antibacterial qualities to help boost your immune system.7
Start your morning off right with this filling breakfast that will provide you with energy to have the best day possible. We hope you love this sweet and nutritious oatmeal as much as we do. Share with us a picture of your Blissful Berry Oatmeal on Instagram at @suavva and/or #blissfulberry.