It’s no big secret, making smoothies is a chore. No matter how much automation your blender has, or how many programs presets it comes with, there is still quite a bit of work.
For example, the basic smoothie making tasks are:
- Wash and clean fruits and veggies
- Cut, if needed, to sizes that fit your blender
- Blend ingredients
- Pour from Full-Size jar into your cup
- Wash blender container and all of the blender accessories
In reality, there’s no real way to cut down on many of these tasks in a significant way.
But there is hope. What if I told you there was a way to cut down your smoothie making time in half?
The trick, is to make multiple servings at once, rather than one serving at a time!
If there’s some concern about freshness or potentness of a refrigerated smoothie, there are some generally accepted practices.
- Best: Fresh. Do single-servings every time
- Good: Refrigerated. Make a dual-serving. Consume one smoothie immediately, and save the other smoothie in the refrigerator (up to 24 hours)
How To Store Smoothies For Later
Steps to help make a refrigerated smoothie last as long as possible:
- Buy an airtight glass jar (one that fits a one-serving smoothie)
- Fill the jar up to the lid mark. You want to ideally leave zero air at the top of the jar when its closed
We recommend the following jars: